Chapter Three


As I walk around the back of the house I tripped over something sticking out of the ground, I wasn’t really sure what it was but looked like it might be a vent pipe for something it was about two inches in diameter and had a ninety degree elbow on the end of with a screen covering the end of it. I thought it could be something to vent the cistern but again I didn’t really know, I don’t know why but I knelt down and placed my ear close to it just to see if I could hear something just then as I had my head tilted to the side I noticed some kind of movement in the upstairs window, it looked as if a shadow had moved in front of it, I acted like I didn’t notice it and kept my head close to the vent pipe but nothing moved, Ok now I’m grasping for straws here I thought, so I got back up and started to look over the house in more detail. One thing I really liked about the house were the two dormers that were on each corner of the roof, I’ve never seen dormers built like that before, they were either above the main entrance or at least centered somewhat in the middle of the roof, I couldn’t wait to get into the house to check out exactly how they were being used or how they were built as far as that goes. As I walked around to the last side of the house I was getting really excited about calling the realtor and hoped he could come out today and show me the place.
I looked over my little note pad once again, then I made the call, a couple rings later a gentle man answered and said Samuels Realtors may I help you, I told him that I had talked to him a few times about the Victorian home that was on Shallow Pine Ridge and was wondering if I could take a look at it today if he was available to show it?, OH yes I remember talking with you, Yes I would love to show it to you. I was so excited! That’s great, What time would you be able to come I asked, He told me in about an hour he could meet me there, Great I’ll see you then, I clicked my phone off then just sat there looking at the house for a few more minutes, wow this could be mine and the price was right too, Well I’d better get out of here and come back later, I didn’t really want him to think I’ve been here yet, I don’t know why but I just think first impressions are everything. Anyway I headed back into town to check out the area a little more. I was a little thirsty so I pulled into a small gas station and went inside to get a water, as I was walking through the entrance lobby I noticed some flyers of some houses hanging on the wall, one of the flyers was of the house I was looking at someone had written a line with a arrow pointing to the edge of the paper , and above the line it read look on the back, so curiosity got the best of me so I took the pin out of the cork board and flipped it over, It said don’t wake the dead don’t buy this home.

No comments:

Post a Comment