Chapter Thirty


I told her , "This doesn’t make any sense at all.  You said because that passage was written on the door that no evil could enter this house."   She nodded,  "Only if you were not invited in by the keeper of this house."   I looked at her and said.  "So how the hell did you or Red get in, and who let you in?" I wasn’t liking the feeling I was getting in my gut.  There was something more here that I wasn’t getting.  I paused for a minute and that’s when it hit me.  I think they needed something from me. I asked her to explain this to me.  "Why, when I walked in there was a wolf that attacked me," I asked.    "I mean if you were the one who pulled me in the house, then you sure as hell wouldn’t have tried to attack me right?"  I must have been on the right track because she took a few more steps closer to me.  I held the poker up over my head and yelled,  "Don’t come one step closer or I’ll......." She stopped me from what I was going to say and then she smiled. "What,  you think you can kill me with that poker?" Her face still had a slight grin.  Then she looked over at Red and told him to open the cellar door.  "What! Don’t you take a step Red." I yelled.  Then without as much as a blink he shape shifted into a wolf and ran into the other room. My body started to tremble at the thought of what was going to happen next.
Oh my God.  I was getting really nervous.  I asked her what he was opening the cellar door for. She turned and looked behind her then back at me, then said,  "You will understand once you see it for your own eyes."   I heard a crashing noise,  then the most dreadful scream I have ever heard.   I asked her what it was. She looked at me  nervously and then said,  "It was Red."   Then I heard footsteps slowly coming down the hallway.  The old lady took a few steps back, away from the opening that led into the living room.  Then I saw it.  My eyes didn’t even want to focus on what I was seeing.
There stood a old man.  His skin almost looked green and he had patches of white blotches all over his body.  He was slumped over and seemed as if he could barely walk. His eyes seemed larger than life and his head was mostly bald with only a few strands of hair remaining.  As I looked closer I noticed his fingernails were long and that his arms looked as if they were bloody.  I asked the old woman who this was supposed to be.  She took a couple of more steps away from the old man nervously.  The old man looked over at her and said something that I couldn’t understand.  She backed up a few more steps.  They were talking about something and it wasn’t good.  I could tell that she was getting upset about what he was saying.   I asked her where Red was.   The old man looked over at me, and with a graveled voice said,  "He is dead".
Dead? What the hell did he mean, he is dead? The old man turned back toward the old woman.  She slowly stepped away again.  He kept saying something over and over again, but it wasn’t anything I could understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment