Chapter 25


Red grabbed my arm and turned me around, then told me I needed to listen to him very carefully, I nodded and said ok, he said that it was about his Dad and also about what I had seen in the house. He reached around me and turned the knob an...d pushed open the door, then said it will be alright and that the wolf was gone, I looked back at the open door and then slowly walked in. I heard the door shut behind me, not wanting to take my eyes off of what was in front of me I told Red that maybe we should leave the door open in case that thing wants to get out. What he said next raised the hairs on my neck, and made it almost impossible for me to turn around and look at him, He said that it doesn’t want to get out it lives here, what the hell do you mean it lives here I asked? He walked by me and went into the living room, my eyes fixed on his every step I followed him, he sat on the chair next to the fire place, then looked over at me and asked me to sit down. Still clinging to the fire poker I said don’t you think we should look for that dog or wolf? He shook his head no, and then asked me again to sit down, reluctantly I walked over to the couch and stood there a few seconds before sitting down, I was so uneasy about all that has happened to me.
I asked Red what he meant when he said that the wolf lives here, and what did his Dad have to do with any of this and why is your clothes all ripped apart and what is stain on your shirt, is that blood? I could see Red getting uneasy, he leaned forward and told me that what he is about to tell me is going to be hard to believe but it’s all true. Will explain why your clothes are all ripped?
He sat back in the chair, then he said he had gone through a change, my eyes narrowed, I change, what do you mean by that? He told me that he would tell me everything but wanted to tell me how this all started, I was getting really uneasy about all this. He said it started about thirty years ago, My Dad had a lumber yard in town and had a late night delivery out here, the man told my Dad that he wanted to have him bring some plank boards up to this house but couldn’t do it until one am. My Dad asked him why he couldn’t just drop the boards off outside and send him the bill, but the man insisted that it be brought up there at around one am, My Dad was a gentle man and respectably agreed to the man’s conditions. When my Dad showed up he said there was what my Dad said a large black wolf sitting on the porch, he was used to making delivery’s to places that had dogs so he wasn’t too worried, only that this one seemed pretty big. As he walked up to the door he said that he was keeping an eye on the wolf when right in front of his eyes the wolf turned into a man, what are you talking about I said, the wolf turned into a man right in front of your Dad, that’s crazy! What are you trying to do here Red scare me more than I already am? Red continued on, he said that his Dad wasn’t really sure if he believed what he was seeing, and figured it was just late night jitters, then the man walked up to my Dad and told him that they needed his help. The man told my dad that he wanted to have a special room built and he knew my Dad to be a good carpenter, My Dad confronted the Man about what he had seen, but the man denied it. After off loading the boards the man again asked him to do the job and offered my Dad a lot of money to do it, the only stipulation was he had to do it at night. At first my Dad said he didn’t want to do it, but business was slow that year and he really needed the extra money.
I said that still doesn’t explain the wolf I saw and the fact your clothes are torn, He shook his head, then said, remember when I meet you in the cafĂ© and I told you that my Dad had a heart attack and died? I said yes, why?
Well one of the nights my Dad was working out here he did have a heart attack, and was close to dying when the man told him he wouldn’t have to die and that he could save him, but he wouldn’t be the same ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment